This is an overview of the high level essentials required in tenant administration.
Activating OrgVue Accounts
- If you are added to OrgVue for the first time, you will receive an activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have followed the link provided in the activation email, you will be guided to set a password and once set, you gain access to OrgVue.
- If you get added to additional tenants in OrgVue, you will see an activation email only to confirm this: no action is required from you.
Adding/Removing Tenant Users
- As a Tenant Administrator, you have all the rights needed to add (and remove) other users, including other Admins. This functionality is explained here.
Overview: User Account Activation Sequence
- A user account is always associated with a tenant
- A user account is always defined by an email address
Once a user account has been added successfully by a Tenant Admin, the user will receive an activation mail, to begin the two step activation process. Note activation links are time-limited for security purposes.
- A first mail will contain a link to access OrgVue, when you follow that link it is possible to set the password
- A second mail will confirm that the password has been set, and that it is now possible to access OrgVue
The activation process should be once only but all the following might require an account reactivation: see below:
- user reports they did not receive an initial activation mail
- user reports account activation process was incomplete
- user reports account activation link timed out
Resetting User Passwords and Re-Activating User Accounts
- To reset a user password, first click the Forgot Password link on the OrgVue login pop-up dialogue, shown when accessing the standard OrgVue URL. The Forgot Password link initiates a workflow to set a new password, provided the named user account exists.
- The same approach - clicking the Forgot Password link on the OrgVue login pop-up dialogue - should taken if a user account requires re-activation, see above.
Locked OrgVue Accounts
- Multiple password failures in sequence will cause the account to be locked, and a corresponding message will be shown on the login screen. To avoid this, if your login is unsuccessful twice in sequence, you should request a password reset.
- Once locked, it is not possible for Administrators to override the lock, but the account will unlock automatically after 1 hour
- A user can always unlock their own account by running the Forgot Password request as above: they do not need to wait for the timeout
OrgVue User Unable to see all Tenants
- When you login to OrgVue you will see a list of tenants to which you have access.
- If you see no list and drop direct into the tenant after login, logout of OrgVue and ensure you untick the Remember Me option from the main login page, see image above
- When you login again you will see the full list of tenants to which you have access
- The OrgVue Support Knowledgebase is available at the URL below to enable self-service. This has been optimised for keyword search so searching on single words works better than sentences.
Alternatively, click the Submit a Request button shown at the top of Knowledgebase pages and complete the form to provide details of your query.
- Otherwise contact:
call: +44 (0) 203 355 8008