The issue under analysis here is that of unreliable line manager information.
This is one of a series of articles on solving common data issues derived from in-house experience of Consulting projects using OrgVue.
- The following process focuses on leveraging multiple sources of record where possible, central validation ahead of reaching out to the business, and tracking cleaning progress.
- Which of these activities are carried out and in what order will depend on the individual client need, current data quality, and availability
- Focus on high-impact changes, e.g. heads of orphan groups, blank vs invalid vs circular parent IDs
Extract from HRIS
- Copy data from the HR Information Systems into OrgVue via Excel or using the auto-upload tool
- Supplement with Line Manager information stored in separate systems (e.g. performance)
Use current information
- Transcribe existing resources in PPT, Visio and other hard records
Check with HRBPs
- Once a central “best effort” has been made, validate with HR Business Partners in person
- Consider filling in gaps by crowd sourcing with a one question emailed survey
For further detail on the topics here, please consult the relevant articles available via the links below:
If you have any additional queries arising from the above, please select the Submit A Request link from the top right of this screen to contact OrgVue Support
This article was authored by Ben Marshall from the OrgVue Consulting team