The concept of bins is to give automated segmentation of data especially for charting.
In practice once you have a basic chart structure identified, likely you will want to have some direct control over the segmentation of data displayed
The starting point is the Edit Property dialogue (see this link)
- You can edit each property by hovering over the gap just to the left of the data entry box, which brings up a cog symbol.
- Click the cog. This opens the Edit Property dialog
- If the "Type" is set to Number you can choose options for Custom Bins.
- there is no specific limit on bins/"intervals".
- if there is no zero in my bin settings, see attached, as the minimum value is one in the dataset but 2 for the bin, a bin of <2 is generated
- if I want sequental numbers to be shown, some of which have zero instances to display, the custom bins are likely to be explicitly 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
- if the highest value in my bin setting is 7, but the next lowest range is one below, 6 (in fact, the range 5 - 6), so any value above 7 is shown as >6
- if I set the highest bin setting as say 100, (so values shown are 2,3,5,7,100), then a range 7 - 99 will show: if I want a greater than symbol to show, the highest value in the dataset (say 9) must be greater than the highest bin setting (say 7)